Volunteers Coordinator Vacancy at DBFPublished 12/09/2022
The Dublin Book Festival was established in 2006 by Publishing Ireland, the all-island trade association for book publishers, established in 1970, to celebrate all that is best in Irish writing and publishing. It has grown to become one of Ireland’s most successful and vibrant annual book events, with the assistance of a range of partners and the support of the Arts Council and other funders.
It showcases, supports and develops the Irish book world by programming, publicising and selling Irish-published books, their authors, editors and contributors — all in an entertaining, festive, friendly and accessible environment that presents the creativity and personality of the Irish publishing sector and its authors.
Taking place in November, the festival programmes over 60 events in venues throughout the city of Dublin, including Dublin City Libraries, National Library of Ireland, Irish Writers Centre, The Gutter Bookshop, National Gallery of Ireland, The National Botanic Gardens, Dublin Port, Fighting Words and many more locations.
The Dublin Book Festival is seeking an enthusiastic book lover to work with the DBF team preparing for DBF 2022 which will take place from 8 – 13 November.
DBF are looking for a Volunteers Coordinator to run the volunteer programme at the Dublin Book Festival 2022 from 8 – 13 November. The candidate should be enthusiastic, confident and efficient when dealing directly with people. The Volunteers Coordinator will report to the Festival Director.
- Manage the call-out for volunteers
- Process volunteer application forms
- Conduct a volunteer introduction evening (in-person or via zoom) ensuring volunteers understand their role and all about the festival
- Manage schedules, tasks and positions to volunteers in accordance with their availability and task preferences
- Monitor volunteers to ensure scheduling is maintained
- Working with venues to determine volunteer requirements
- Point of contact for volunteers including availability on the volunteer mobile phone
- Liaison between Festival staff, venue staff and volunteers
- Working in line with any existing Covid-19 guidelines
- Enthusiastic and excellent people and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to work in a busy work environment with a high level of time and stress management
- Aptitude for working quickly and efficiently
- Flexibility regarding work schedule
- Previous festival experience
Applicants are invited to submit:
- A CV outlining relevant experience to email@example.com by September 21st 2022
- A covering letter indicating expression of interest and relevant experience with regards to the role
Terms and conditions of employment:
This is a fixed paid contract and payment will be a fixed fee, payable at the end of the contract.